Family: What matters most, lasts the longest.









Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I'm NOT ashamed!!

I won't lie. I often compare my life to the lives of others and although we're "not supposed" to do that, I still do and it's something Ihave been really working on. I have a friend who is superwoman-literally. She ALWAYS has a clean house and even though it gets messy throughout the day, it's always clean when her husband gets home. I have really tried to do that for Deric. I love coming home to a clean house so why shouldn't he? Anyway... as I sat, looking at my messy front room, feeling defeated, reading this marvelous book by John Bytheway called "I Hope you Know How Much I Love You!" I came across this poem that has become my new favorite. Thought I would share it in case any of you other moms feel the same way! :)

Excuse This House

Some homes try to hide the fact that children
shelter there.
Our boasts of it quite openly, the signs are
everywhere!
For smears are on the windows, little smudges
on the door.
I should apologize , I guess, for toys strewn on the
floor.
But I sat down with the children and we played
and laughed and read;
And if the doorbell doesn't shine, their eyes will
shine instead.
For when at times I'm forced to choose the one
job or the other,
I want to be a homemaker---but first I'll be a
mother.

1 comment:

morrison0311 said...

that is a wonderful poem!! i often wonder the kind of mom i will be because even without kids i cant seem to keep my house clean! thanks for sharing les!!

Background