Family: What matters most, lasts the longest.









Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pregnancy update

I have realized that I have yet to take ONE single belly picture of this pregnancy-yay me! :) Anyway, here is a little update on our pregnancy:

-Today I hit the 36 week mark! WAHOO!

-I've really been struggling with SEVERE pelvic pressure pain-basically my pelvic bone is getting crushed to pieces-or so it feels.
-So extremely grateful for family-especially Deric's grandma and mom who have taken it upon themselves to babysit my children basically every day of the week so I could be on proper bedrest-which is completely why I feel like we made it this far
-I have an AMAZING visiting teacher who is willing to take my kids as well and always just asks me how I'm doing and if I need anything
-I get super lonely being home by myself practically all the time, although now I'm able to take the boys more and more each day since we are in the "safe zone" to deliver.
-Contractions are still pretty severe and have moved to my back although now that I can officially deliver, it seems my cervical progress and dilation has halted-so although I'm in almost constant discomfort and pain-Ryker seems to just be hanging out in there with no big hurry to come out. My nurse says it's because he doesn't want to come out into this massive cold (negative numbers are a regular here)
-I still don't ever sleep at night-EVER.
-I have officially started retaining water-elephantis has set in for sure!
-We are still set on the name "Ryker Seth" for this little munchkin although I keep having dreams that "he" comes out a "she".
-I have caught each and every sickness under the sun possible that is going around.
-I have had a lot "down" feelings and feeling like I'm a failure at everything: being a mom, a wife, a human being in general, etc. It's actually been really hard for me and I've really struggled with it. BUT.. my Heavenly Father never ceases to show me that I do have people that love and care about me and that this is just a rough patch in the road.
-In essence, I'm SO ready for Ryker to get here! I'm ready to move on to "different" pains.  ha ha

1 comment:

Nathan and Shanna said...

I would love to come hang out with you and get to know you a little better. I realize I'm MUCH older then you, so I'll understand if I never get a call. Hang in there Leslie your doing what is best for you and your family and you do know that it is Satan who is giving you those feelings. Try not to dwell on them and so glad that you've made it to 36 weeks! Yay! Take care and Please don't hesitate to call!

Background