Family: What matters most, lasts the longest.









Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Life Changer

So ALOT has happened since my last post... ALOT. Here is it what I would like to write about today:

-Found out we were expecting which happened WAY faster than we thought
-Found out we are expecting a baby GIRL and couldn't be more excited to add some pink into our lives.
-Pregnancy started going downhill around 16 weeks (which was the same time frame that it all began with Ryker)
-Dr was super concerned that contractions were coming HARD and STRONG
-after 20 week ultrasound, Dr put me on moderate bedrest and said I needed to call in as many favors as possible to help with the boys because the next 3-4 weeks until we hit viability would be crucial.
-Gave me a prescription to help with contractions that essentially lowered my blood pressure. Prescription doesn't work (as it didn't with Ryker) but was told there was nothing else I could do other than rest and try to slow down and get contractions to go away on their own

Here is where the life changer began.... I started selling doTERRA essential oils at the beginning of June on a whim (terrified me to be honest) BUT I have an amazing upline who have helped me right along the way the entire time. Well one of my upline, Heather, took it upon herself to talk to a midwife about my condition. (I never asked her to) and the fact that she did meant a lot to me. Whether I took the advice or not, SHE took the time to do something for my wellbeing. Not the company's. Not to help her business grow. Just for me. Well the midwife told her that I needed to be on the Lifelong Vitality vitamin regiment as well as a Lavender and Epsom salt bath. Let's be honest. I felt these vitamins were EXPENSIVE and I was super hesitant because they weren't prescribed by a dr.

Deric and I discussed it and felt like we would wait until viability. And then things got worse. The contractions got worse. The pain got worse. Everything got worse and NOTHING was helping. After praying about it and discussing more, Deric and I decided I would start the vitamins and just see where they went.

I started the vitamins a week ago. A week. Yesterday was the first day that I didn't feel like I had to spend 5 hrs in bed because my contractions were too strong. Yesterday I was able to read books with my kids and watch them play outside. Are my contractions gone? No. Are they lessened? HECK YES! And that to me, is a success... a victory! If I can at least function in life during this pregnancy then it is worth every cent, every penny and every thing that goes in to it. I feel better about myself and I feel healthier. I have more energy and I feel like I can accomplish more than I have been able to this entire pregnancy (I'm only 22 weeks so I still have a ways to go). So am I a believer in doTERRA? HECK YES I AM! Do I think there are benefits to both modern medicine and natural medicine? Of course I do. Do I hope that this ends up being a life changer for our family to a healthier lifestyle? Yes I do. We are starting small and going from there. This is just one of  a few instances where I feel like oils have made a huge difference in my life and in the lives of my family  members...

No comments:

Background