Family: What matters most, lasts the longest.









Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Alot going on... IN NEED OF SOME OPINIONS!









A lot and nothing has been going on lately in the lives of the Wintertons.. I figured it's time for an update! :) As you can see in a random assortment of iphone pictures.. we have some interesting times around here. Kyler lost a tooth and will lose his front two teeth here shortly, we spend lots of time cuddling in bed watching movies, taking interesting selfies, wrestling with dad as much as possible and making lots of forts! We have officially moved all 3 boys into one room to make room for baby P to come soon, Kyler started Kindergarten and LOVES it (except the homework), Bryson started preshool with Miss Jeri and it was the best thing I ever did (put him in a year early), we attempted to go shopping at Lowes and ended up in a motorized cart (dang contractions wouldn't corporate) we've had a lot movie days, snuggling, fort building, book reading, etc trying to keep baby  P from coming too early. On that note...

PREGNANCY UPDATE:
-I will be 34 weeks tomorrow (Wahoo!)
-officially 8 more days until we can technically deliver here if we need to. ( I don't think we have to worry about it) My gut feeling is she will wait at least 3 more weeks before coming.
-I am dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced.
-I have a scheduled appointment every Monday until she comes.
-She is head down and engaged.. ready to come whenever
-At my last appointment, Dr W did an ultrasound and checked her lungs and they are developing ahead of schedule which is great IF she decides to come a little early
-I'm pretty sure I have everything we need for her clothes wise.. except for socks....
-I haven't retained too much water-yet
-My weight is increasing a significant amount (I'm at about 30 lbs gained now)
-I'm getting more and more excited for her to come!

OPINIONS:
Here's where I need some opinions/feedback... I have been reading a lot of things lately about vaccinations, etc and I'm seriously debating NOT letting people who aren't vaccinated around P until she is a little older. But here is my big hang up... I KNOW and believe it is a personal decision whether or not people get vaccinated and that's ok. I can agree to disagree. However, there are a number of people in Deric's family who don't vaccinate and I don't want them to get offended or insulted if I chose to go this way. I really don't want hard feelings but are hard feelings worth the health risk of my baby.. especially if she comes a little early? How do you have that conversation with people without them getting offended? I just feel like now that my kids are in school, they already bring home so many germs, plus it's cold season, etc so shouldn't I do everything I can to protect against it? (I'm particularly worried about whooping cough and RSV) I would LOVE any opinions and/or thoughts on the subject as long as they are kind and openminded in the sense that I don't want it to be a hash off :)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I have a lot of opinions about vaccinations, and even if I chose not to vaccinate I would not be offended if you made those rules about visitors being vaccinated. You have to make decisions that are smart and feel right. I think your family will understand. That being said, if you are interested in what I personally will be doing with our little one, I don't find it necessary to ask non-vaccinated people to stay away. But that is just MY opinion. You should do what you feel best about and be firm about it!

Davis Family said...

You are an amazing mom, you know what is best for your sweet little girl so if you feel strongly about only letting people who have been vaccinated be around her than go with it! I got vaccinated before leaving the hospital and im so glad I did, there is so much going around so it brings peace of mind knowing my family is up to date on shots!

Background