And I have officially felt like I've done both. I have cried. And been ticked off (to put it lightly). TO THE MAX.
I AM DONE BEING PREGNANT
Obviously not since I have not delivered a beautiful, sweet baby girl, but I am done. I am ready to be done. Here are a few things NOT to say to me right now:
1-Be patient, she will come when she is ready
2-It will be over soon
3-You will soon wish you could go back
4-Enjoy it while it lasts
5-It will all be worth it in the end
6-Quit wishing your life away and enjoy the ride
7-Quit being selfish, it's obviously not the right time
8-The longer she stays in, the healthier she will be.
9-At least you are pregnant
10- It's horrible you want to go earlier than your due date
YES I KNOW THAT THESE THINGS ARE TRUE. Seriously?! Who doesn't?! BUT that does not mean I want to hear them right now or that they help in any way. It fact, quite the opposite. It infuriates me even more.
Deric and I have talked extensively about this recently because it has really been bothering me. We have had a lot of family and friends say these things to us (me mostly) recently and although I know they mean well, it really irritates me. ESPECIALLY from people who have easy pregnancies and who have never even come close to experiencing what we have gone through. Not that I wish it upon anyone, but still. Don't try to act like you know everything when you don't. When you have had contractions basically non stop for 20+ weeks, have to get sitters for your kids because you can't take care of them, literally put your life on hold because you have to and have to have help getting out of bed, gaining 60+ pounds and can barely walk because you retain so much water you feel you pop (literally), go on IV's because you cant keep ANYTHING down, THEN you can talk to me about being patient, selfish, etc for wanting to be done being pregnant.
Do I want my baby to be as healthy as possible? Of course I do. I would never WISH her to be unhealthy just so I could be more comfortable. BUT I am almost 38 weeks (mind you my last child was born at 37 weeks, was over 9 lbs and had NO health issues). We have been very blessed that way to have had very healthy babies. Does that mean Peyton will be as healthy? No it doesn't. But every test and precaution we have taken says she will be just fine. So is it bad that I'm ready to be done suffering? I really don't think so.
Don't get me wrong, I fully believe there is a reason that I have such difficult pregnancies. I honestly feel like I value motherhood WAY more because it is so hard for us to get babies here (for me personally, not everyone has to go through something hard to value being a mother). I have learned to value the ability to go for a walk, a trip to the park and yes, even the grocery store. I have learned to depend upon my husband for physical limitations (like getting out of bed in the morning) as well as a more emotional and spiritual connection because we HAVE to rely upon each other. I value friendship and those who TRULY care vs those who make face. I have seen more service given to me during my pregnancies that at any other time. My relationship with my Heavenly Father has grown although I lose faith sometimes too. I have learned the value of taking care of your body during pregnancy and when you aren't pregnant. Bodies are freaking amazing, we should do everything we can to take care of them. I have learned to depend upon other people. (which is often hard for me-I love being independent). I have learned the value of a fetal kick. It's a precious feeling that a lot of women don't get to experience. ... AND SO MUCH MORE!
In short, please know that I am hormonal and have basically embraced being a massive WITCH with a capital "B" until this baby comes. I don't like it and yes I try to change it but unfortunately it is me right now. Is it ok, to have an excuse to be this way? No it's not. I'm not trying to use it as an excuse but rather a warning :) I am in constant pain, constantly tired, emotions constantly rolling and ready. So please... keep this in mind:
Or say a few of those other previously mentioned things and then understand why I'm cranky! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment