This is going to be a long post, and probably a little TMI but I really want to remember everything :)
Background: For 3 weeks I was dilated to a 4, almost a 5 and the dr didn't think I would make it another week. I heard that for 3 weeks straight. I went in on my regular appointment on Monday, Oct 27th and I had high blood pressure. The dr wanted to monitor me for a bit and I was told we were possibly having a baby. We didn't. My blood pressure went down and I'll be honest, I was super bummed. BUT I was told to come back Thursday (when I was 38 weeks). I wanted a natural delivery from the beginning. For multiple reasons: one, an epidural has never worked for me out here. two, I feel like I healed way faster after Ryker (who I had naturally) than my other two. Three, I honestly wanted to try out essential oils and see how they work. (how I used those and how they worked in another post)
Day of: So we had the Fall Festival for our ward (which I was in charge of) on Wednesday night and I had a million things to do. I hoped that we would have a baby on Thurs but didn't want to get my hopes up. My apt on Thurs was a 1 p.m. and I had a lot of things to do that day including a Halloween party for Bryson and other errands and things to do. I was kinda stressed and running like crazy but such is life. I dropped the boys off at Steffanie's house and told them I would be back soon. Steff told me I wouldn't be back. She must've known :)
I went to my apt not thinking anything special BUT my blood pressure was high again. I had retained MORE water than Monday (like my legs looked like they were going to pop). Dr W asked where my kids were and when I told him a sitter he said, "Great, let's go have a baby". Basically my body had stopped progressing (he thinks it's cause we have stopped labor for so long that it missed the memo that it was ok to have a baby now). I was still at a 4 and hadn't changed once again other than my blood pressure was high and I looked like a sad case of elephantitis.
So I went out to get admitted and tried to call Deric only to find that after 20 minutes I couldn't get ahold of him. I called Steffanie and my mother in law to arrange sitters for the boys and got admitted.
FINALLY got ahold of Deric who had left his phone in the truck while going in for a meeting with a customer (who does that when your wife is 38 weeks pregnant?) They hooked me up to Pitocin to get my body moving and we waited. And waited. I was surprised I hadn't seen the dr to break my water but we figured he was finishing clinics.
At 5 p.m. Dr Williams broke my water and I was STILL at a 4. He told the nurse that once I hit a 5 to call him asap because my history is that I go fast once I get to a 5. Well we waited and the contractions were definitely getting stronger. I will definitely agree that contractions on pit are WAY harder than regular ones.
At 6:30 the nurse came in to check me and I was at a 6 (shift change was at 6) I was super disappointed that I was only at a 6 after the amount of pain I had been in through the contractions. I used essential oils to help me through the pain of contractions and so far had done pretty stellar if I do say so myself :) The nurse left to get me some ice chips and forgot something and came back in. (literally gone maybe 2 minutes). When she came back in I had the sudden urge to push and I told her that I needed to. She was great and asked if I wanted her to check me again. (she was probably thinking I was crazy because it was literally 4 min since she checked me the last time) but sure enough she checked and there was Peyton's head. She hollered at Deric to call the other nurses to call the dr and get him there NOW. I couldn't hold off the urge to push and so we started the process.
Luckily Dr. W made it just in time to help deliver Peyton. He teased that he only broke a few laws to get there in time. :) He probably made it within 4 minutes. The cord was wrapped around her neck and I couldn't stop pushing so it was quite tricky there for a second so Deric didn't get to cut the cord. The nurse was still doing up his gown when Peyton came. She came fast and furious! Her shoulder was turned down so I tore pretty bad but she was worth it :) She also came so fast that she didn't scream right away. It freaked me out. I will say that there is absolutely nothing like birthing a baby naturally and I'm SO glad I did. Sure it hurt like heck, but it was also the most amazing feeling ever! haha they teased me because she basically shot out like a football. Dr Williams said he was very glad he was sitting down. She came out so fast.
Peyton Lin Winterton was born at 6:42 p.m. on October 30th, 2014 weighing 7 lbs 1 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. We are absolutely in love!!
We did skin to skin with her right after she was born and I LOVED it. It's such an amazing experience to be a mom and I think I looked at things differently with planning on her being our last child. We held her for almost 2 hrs before they came and weighed her and such and it was a great experience with just Deric and myself and our new sweet baby girl, straight from heaven. I truly thank my Heavenly Father for sending her sweet spirit into our home. We are so blessed. It was a long road to get her here, and I'm glad that part of our life is over, but it was also so worth it.
I'm sure I will post more details and other items along the way but for now, enjoy some pictures of our sweet baby girl!








No comments:
Post a Comment