Family: What matters most, lasts the longest.









Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas 2008

This year we went to my parents house in Holden for Christmas. We attended the all famous "Holden Ward Christmas Eve Party" which I really do look forward to! I love seeing old friends from home in the warmth of the holidays and feeling the Christmas spirit! It's fun to reminisce about past Christmas's and good times! I was so excited to see two of my best friends I had growing up! Lynette now lives in Iowa and it was the first time I got to see her since she moved! Chelsey is going to school in Cedar and for some reason we hardly ever have time to get together! It was also fun to show everyone from home our new son! It was the first time since he was born that we took him to the church. Not to mention, most of my family was there. 4 out of the 5 kids with their kids were there and it was a good ole Nixon time!The kids sang Christmas songs as loud as they could until Santa was able to hear them so he could come visit! Kyler got to sit on Santa's lap for the first time!

This is Mike (brother-in-law) with Ashley, Scott (brother) with Tyler and Deric with Kyler standing in line waiting to see Santa!


Kyler sitting with Santa! (I don't think he told him what he wanted unless Santa can read minds)


Dad helping Kyler open a present. DIAPERS!!!

Kyler with all of his presents! He IS spoiled! We had to document his first Christmas!

No worries though! We were able to visit the Winterton family as well. We didn't take any pictures but it was definitely a good time! We went out the day after Christmas and the following day we played basketball and got a big game of paintball together! I was so excited because these were things I haven't been able to do since being pregnant and I really enjoy them! Let's just say, I am SO out of shape! Tramping through the snow all bundled up and running up and down the court were definitely good workouts! Not to mention, Kyler got to spend time with his grandma and aunts and really enjoyed it! Aisha, Deric's sister, gave Kyler THE CUTEST christmas outfit! I'm so mad we didn't get a picture! Christmas 2008 was definitely a fun experience and we can hardly wait until Kyler is old enough to really understand it!

1 comment:

Matt and Crysany Bean said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!! I am so happy for you guys, and Kyler is getting so big!! he is adorable!! Love you guys!!

Background