Family: What matters most, lasts the longest.









Saturday, January 3, 2009

Lookback on 2008

So I decided I would right a sort of re-cap of 2008 for the Deric Winterton family! This past year was definitely an exciting and eventful one for us! Starting the new year as newlyweds was a fun and exciting but challenging time for us! We lived in Ephraim and I was attending Snow College full time, being on the Enrollment Team (Leadership at Snow), and working 2 jobs while Deric was working full time installing cabinets. Our plans for the future kept changing and changing, time and time again after things just weren't working out! We finally realized we just had to be patient! The Lord finally showed us what was best for us in March when we found out we were expecting Kyler. What a joy and blessing, yet terrifying knowledge! I totally didn't feel capable of being a mom at such a young age, especially when I hadn't finished school, but I had to trust in the Lord. Deric was a HUGE support as I was really sick with morning sickness in the beginning. It was definitely a trying experience on our relationship with everything else that was going on. Finally, things worked out for us and we moved to West Jordan when I graduated from Snow in May. Deric started working at his old shop again building cabinets, which he ABSOLUTELY loves and I started working at Salt City Candle Company, choosing to take time off from school until after Kyler was born. Birthdays came and went, we both got older and we realized that our life was going to change drastically for the better once November came. We had a lot of fun in the summer enjoying our new house (even though we STILL don't have a kitchen) but the pool is definitely fun! Neither one of us has ever had a pool in the backyard... not to mention an amazing barbeque area and huge grass lawn! Deric started school at Salt Lake Community College in August and really worked hard to get good grades, work full time and prepare to have a child. (I'm so proud of him!) September was a little scary when I got in a car accident, totaling our car and sending me to the hospital being 30 weeks pregnant. We were SO blessed when everything turned out fine, our insurance company was amazing and everything was fine with me and Kyler. Halloween was a fun time this year. Our landlords hooked up a garage door opener with a ghost thing on it and when you pushed a button it would come flying at you. Deric and I had fun scaring little kids, although we did feel a little bad. We even went to the haunted house next door, which was pretty scary if I do say so myself! And then the most influential day of our lives occured. November 15, Kyler came into this world! I have never experienced so much pain, joy, tears, terror or whatever words you can come up with in my life! Kyler didn't exactly want to come easy. We ended up having to use forceps to get him out after a long time of pushing, but we were so blessed with a beautiful baby boy! He weighed 8 lbs. 10 ounces and was 22 inches long. Thanksgiving came the following week and my parents came up to share it with us. Christmas has come and gone and now we find ourselves in the year 2009. Looking back, there is no way to deny the fact that we have been extremely blessed in 2008 and we look forward to the changes that are to come in 2009!

No comments:

Background