Family: What matters most, lasts the longest.









Monday, March 30, 2009

Third Party Payment Option

So,
Deric and I are debating buying a car through a "military guy leaving for Iraq". The car is really an AMAZING deal (if it's all real). The seller said we could use a Third Party to handle all the money and details to make sure it's not a scam. The one he offered was SpartaPay. I am just wondering if anyone has used a third party and if so which one? Or have you heard anything about Sparta Pay. We aren't able to see the vehicle other than pictures as it will be shipped to us. We're really leary about this but don't want to let an amazing deal pass us by if it's real. Please give any suggestions/comments!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

DONT DO IT! We got one of these too. It sounds way too good to be true and I really think they are scams. I would never buy one with out seeing it and with out paying them in person. I really wouldn't do it. It could be legit but we have heard a lot about wiring money and stuff like that and just about all of them are scams. My opinion be cautious.

fvriding said...

You know the saying "If it sounds too good to be true..." This sounds really sketchy. This is alot of money to invest in something that you haven't seen, driven or know really anything about. There are lots of good deals going around locally that you can go see. Try ksl.com. A coworker of mine got a great deal on a minivan recently. Know what you are putting your hard earned money into.

The Wintertons said...

Thanks for the comments! Deric and I decided we weren't going to do-I agree...too good to be true! We just got so excited thinking we had found a vehicle for us that we could afford! KSL is where we found the posting and we're still looking... so... the car shopping goes on!

Background