Family: What matters most, lasts the longest.









Tuesday, April 7, 2009

In His Own Time

So, a while back I put a post about how Deric was applying for a job out in Roosevelt at the Vocational College. We went out there for conference weekend to talk to the people in charge and see what we could do about getting him the job and simply they told us they just don't have the money. The school's budget has been cut and one of the programs being adjusted is the cabinetry program. I must admit, at first, I said I would never move to Roosevelt, then I hoped for it. It's hard. Deric and I prayed and both felt that it was going to happen and it didn't. I know I should be grateful for what I have but I am just so dang tired of the city! I have no friends up here other than Kyler and now Canyon (a 6-year old I babysit on days I don't go to work). Deric, of course is my best friend of all, but it's hard to go from having alot of friends and knowing a lot of people to feeling like a lost fish in the big ocean-with no one! Deric is at work and school constantly and I find myself alone almost always-I HATE it! Anyway, I'm just kind of feeling down at the moment. I know the Lord will continue to bless us and that he will direct our life in the way it's supposed to go. Afterall, our plans changed about a dozen times after we got married by the time we decided to move here. I know I need to have faith and trust in my Heavenly Father. Let's just face it, life is full of uncertainities and constant change!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey I didn't realize you were having such a rough time. We need to get together ASAP. Maybe for lunch? Anyway I'll give you a call maybe we can have you guys over for dinner or something. We'll plan something. I hope you figure it all out.

Lynette said...

I know exactly what you mean. We moved up to Utah State and now we are moving back. Life sure does change a lot but it will get better. I have to tell myself that and you have to look at the positive even when it is hard!

Jamilyn said...

I know how you feel! It's no fun to feel lonely. Keep smilin' though, things will be okay. I'm sorry he didn't get the job. That is rough. Keep praying and things will work out!

Jamilyn said...

P.S. At least you have Kyler to keep you company! :D I hardly know anyone out here, and we're not having a baby for awhile! lol!

Background