Family: What matters most, lasts the longest.









Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Deric's Birthday, funeral and other odds and ends

This last weekend was a crazy one for us. I decided I wanted to have a BBQ for Deric's birthday and we just couldnt' decide whether to have it Friday or Saturday night-basically the weathermen just couldn't make up their minds! Well after talking to family and friends, most people could come on Saturday. So we finally made a decision and kept it on Saturday evening (after changing it 3 times). Then we found out earlier that week, Deric's Uncle Bob had passed away unexpectedly and his funeral was supposed to be Saturday early afternoon. Anyway, long story short-things with our plans and Deric's family plans got changed like a million different times and it depended on who you spoke to. So I spent all week cleaning and preparing for his party and Saturday morning Deric took me yard-saling (LOVE IT!) and I found a way cute hat and shoes for Kyler but that was it. Then we came home and cleaned and then Jason, Deric's brother and Andrea came and we hung out with them and then ALL the family came (earlier than planned) and I so wasn't ready! But I had fun decorating Deric's cake with Andrea (man I'm horrible at that kind of thing). The weather was crappy so we ended up having everyone inside and surprisingly we all fit! :) We got to show everyone our new truck (thank goodness, finally!)It was great to see lots of friends and family come celebrate Deric's birthday with us! Especially those that we don't see often. I know a lot of them traveled quite a ways. It wasn't until after midnight that everyone left and I was pooped! I was SO tired! Then the next morning we headed up to Roosevelt for a memorial for Uncle Bob, it was sad but good. I hate to see people cry! And I never thought I would ever see a day when I was happy for a Monday to come....

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Sorry we couldn't make it but it sounds like it went well we will have to do something soon.

Background