Family: What matters most, lasts the longest.









Tuesday, August 18, 2009

3 years ago...FaMiLiEs ArE fOrEvEr!

Many of you have probably noticed my change in header on my blog. Many of you also know who the featured man is, but for those of you who don't, I'll tell you about an amazing man, husband, dad, brother, uncle, and most of all friend. I didn't get a chance to do this yesterday as I had wanted, so I'm getting to it today. On August 17, 2006 my brother-in-law, Spencer, was killed fighting a wildfire called the Devil's Den fire near Oak City, Utah. This was definitely a hard time for my family. We were greatly blessed to have Spencer in our lives, in my life. I loved that man and looked up to him more than almost anyone. He treated my sister amazing and he was such a wonderful dad to three beautiful children. I remember when they were dating and I was just little-I thought they had the perfect "Cinderella" type fantasy of a love life. haha Spencer always showered my sister with flowers and showed her how much he loved her, she in return was so smitten by her knight in shinning armor! They built a house in Holden and I was able to be involved in their lives quite regularly when I lived at home with my parents. Spencer was an avid Scout leader and he helped so many young men realize how wonderful it is to be on the right path! He would bet the boys when they would get their Eagle projects done and he ended up shaving his head over it! Everyone in our community loved Spencer and looked up to him. He was an amazing example to everyone. Well I literally could go on and on about him. I miss him more than I ever realized I would and it's hard to see my sister raising her 3 children by herself. I can not even imagine it! I cannot imagine not kissing my husband or telling him how much I love him. I can't imagine not seeing him play with Kyler or look forward to more children. I simply can't. Nichole is SO strong, there could never have been a stronger woman, of that I am sure. Nichole, Turner, Kadence and Kambree miss their husband and father, but thank goodness for the gospel! What an amazing thing that is in our life! Nichole can look towards hope to seeing her beloved spouse and best friend again and the kids can look forward to running into their daddy's arms someday-even Kambree. (for those of you who don't know, Kambree has Angelman's syndrome and she cannot walk to talk.) Spencer blessed our lives immensely. He will forever be missed and loved my many. Thanks Spencer, for all the fun times, laughs, cherished moments and love you showed to everyone. We love you.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I was wondering who he was. He sounds like a wonderful person and I am so glad you shared the story. It touched my heart.

JaKe and NaT* said...

he really was such an amazing man! thanks so much for that post... nicole is super strong... everytime i have seen her she always has a smile on hr face and i have never seen her down.. she is doin such a great job raising those kids.. i am grateful for the knowledge that we get to be with our loved ones someday!:)

Background