o super easy and fun! Other than the fact we only had one cake pan, so it took forever, it was still great!
He loved it and dug in real fast!
Now time to reminisce-a year ago today, I remember waking up and having major contractions, I hadn't slept well in the night, but then again, being 9 months pregnant, you really don't. I told Deric that if this was false labor, I didn't want to know what real labor felt like. I had had plenty of Braxton Hicks! The doctor had told me that if you think you are in labor, jump in the shower-if the contractions stop or go away, it's false, if they stay-you're in labor. So I did. I jumped in the shower (againsts Deric's wishes) and the contractions were still there! I was so excited and ready but oh so nervous!!! Deric was washing dishes and wanted to finish doing them, so we just hung around for a while. I finally decided I couldn't stand it anymore and we needed to go to the hospital. When we checked in(around 9:30 a.m.), I was dilated to a 5. My doctor just happened to be out of town and I was terrified to have a different doctor that had never seen me. But what can you do?The doctor for the epideral had just left that wing, so I decided I could just last on regular pain killers-ya that lasted for close to like 2 seconds-haha just kidding, but I was in a lot of pain. By the time I got an epideral an hour later, I was completely dilated and fully efaced. BUT I couldn't start pushing because I have what's called Strep B and I have to be given 2 doses of a certain medicine BEFORE the baby is born or else it could be really bad for the baby. At this point, I had one dose and they were waiting to start the second dose. So we waited, and waited and waited. Finally I told them I couldn't wait any longer-this baby was ready to come! So they broke my water and away we went! Deric called all of our family and told them to hurry because the doctors and nurses said they expected me to go way fast considering how long things took to get going. My mom was shopping and didn't think she would make it-she was so distraught-it's kinda funny. Well... low and behold-I have a stubborn son! Kyler took a LONG time to get here!! He kept turning his head to the left and he wouldn't turn it the right way. I was getting exhausted from pushing so hard and it was getting late. The epideral had worn off and I was administered something else. Finally, the doctor came in and said we had a choice-either a C-Section or forceps. Things weren't looking good. Kyler was swollen from being in labor too long and I didn't have any energy left. Deric and I didn't know what to do. We had never had a kid before and didn't know what the best choice would be. I asked the doctor if she was in my position what she would do. She said she would try the forceps and if that didn't work, to go on to the C-Section. So that's what we did. It took about 3 pushes with the forceps and Kyler was born! He had had a bowel movement while he was in there, so the NICU kept him from breathing until they could clean it up. I was so scared when he didn't cry when he first came-"aren't they supposed to cry?Why isn't he crying" was all I kept saying.




2 comments:
Happy Birthday Kyler!
Soo cute! It's fun hearing the whole story. Sounds intense, and exciting! Glad all went well.
Post a Comment