Easter was fun for us this year! Kyler was such a hoot!! And I'm so disappointed to say that my camera is officially broken (well maybe not) but I just don't know how to fix it! So if anyone is really smart in the whole camera thing, let me know! So I don't have any pictures :(
So Friday, Deric and I just relaxed. I don't think we really did too much of anything. Then Saturday was the big day-the day of all the festivities. Kyler hit 3 easter egg hunts and should I say that he has got it down! The first one was in Neola and it was WINDY, but not too terrible cold. Kyler didn't understand the concept at first but once he got it-he was awesome! He would run as fast as he could to any piece of candy or easter egg he could find! I could hardly keep up with (I was holding his basket for him). He LOVED it! And when he opened his eggs-guess what he found? I piece of paper that said he won this...
yep, you guessed it- it's GREEN!!! He won a live chick that had been dyed green! His name is Bean. Kyler loves him. He loves to hold him and to chirp back at him. I think they have a secret code going on. Anyway... Bean is living at Kyler's grandma's house with the other chicks. You could say he sticks out from the rest, he's one of a kind!
yep, you guessed it- it's GREEN!!! He won a live chick that had been dyed green! His name is Bean. Kyler loves him. He loves to hold him and to chirp back at him. I think they have a secret code going on. Anyway... Bean is living at Kyler's grandma's house with the other chicks. You could say he sticks out from the rest, he's one of a kind! So the Neola hunt proved to show great rewards! On to the next one... this one was at our church house. and it was WINDIER if you can imagine that! This one didn't have eggs, just scattered candy and boy oh boy did Kyler like it! The chocolate eggs and Tootsie Rolls are his favorite (just like his dad).
Last but not least of the hunts, came Kyler's great-grandma. She has a hunt every year for all the grandkids. He didn't get as many eggs this time (I think he was egged out) but he did reap 40 cents! Wahoo!!! It was fun to get together with all of Deric's family.
Sunday morning, the Easter bunny visited us (especially Kyler). He even left eggs ALL over the house for Kyler to find. Too bad first thing in the morning, Kyler isn't interested in easter eggs. Until that is, he realizes how to open them and eat the candy! Let's just say....one sugared up kid, lots of empty eggs and two very irritable and sleep-deprived parents later, we went to watch conference at 10 at Deric's parents house. Oh ya, the easter bunny also brought Kyler lots of goodies (too much really). He got some twistable crayons and coloring book, some yard tools, some house tools and of course, some punch balls! Deric got a grill and lots of candy! I got my new Chi, (I blogged about previously) a shirt and some bread pans! (yay! now I dont' have to borrow!)
We watched conference although I'll be honest, I didn't get much out of it. A one year old doesn't particulalry understand the concept of sitting and watching people talk. No siree'!
A few games of horseshoes, some cards and of course candy-the weekend was over and we find ourself at today! Hope everyone had as great of an Easter and conference as we did!




1 comment:
Sounds like lots of fun! Kyler is such a funny kid. He's way cute.
Post a Comment