
I think my attitude of Christmas has been very different this year and I attribute that mostly to the fact that Bryson was born so close to Christmas. I think having a baby is one of the most spiritual experiences a person can have and I wanted to keep that spirit with me even after Bryson was born so I tried REALLY hard to focus on first and foremost, our Savior and then on to those who mean the most to me: my family and friends.
Christmas morning was really quite interesting this year. Kyler was actually really sick, so he wasn't too into things. Deric's parents and siblings came to our house early in the morning to watch Kyler come out of his room. lol funny story of Christmas Eve: so we put the boys to bed and Deric wanted to set out Santa presents around like 10. I said, "Don't you think we should wait until we're up with Bryson at like 3 or 4 that way Kyler won't see it if he gets up?" Deric's response was, "He'll be fine, he won't wake up" and so we put out Santa presents. Well in the process of putting them out, guess who wakes up... that's right, my Kyler-bud. haha good thing he is young enough not to really know!
Anyway....Kyler got a tent with sleeping bag and chair from Santa as well as an art easel complete with lots of art supplies. (yes, even markers-duh!) I came out and was surprised to see a spankin brand new bike with a BIG red bow on it from Santa for me! :) Let's just say, our kids can't watch that video until after they know the truth about Santa! haha I cursed Deric pretty bad because we had already discussed the Wii being my "Santa present". He bought me a very nice, expensive bike so that he won't be having to fix it lots like the cheapo ones! (at least that's what he tells me!) now all I need is a bike trailer cause I'm pretty sure 2 kids won't fit on this bike. :) Deric got a Shop Vac, some saw blades, a drill and battery pack and a ladder. Bryson got a Bumbo seat (which I'm excited for!) Yes we were very spoiled this year!Kyler opened his first present, thank you Lutui's for giving Kyler a tractor that he just HAD to play with and was so not interesed in opening any other presents! :)
We opened presents for a while and Deric was surprised and excited for the ONE present that I kept a secret from him, yes that's right, one. I usually do really well at keeping most if not all of his presents a secret, but not this year! for some reason, everything I tried, Deric still figured it out. Except for the pair of binoculars he got! :) I guess I have to try harder next year! I was excited to get a Wii Fit (Thank you Jason and Deric!), a new coat and lots of other misc items. Kyler was completely spoiled (as we figured he would be) and got lots of toys, church items (THANK YOU!) puzzles, a lifesize "Woody" cut out, and other things...
Then we went to Deric's parents house to watch them all open presents. It was so fun to just relax with family over the holidays! We really had a great Christmas! Hope everyone else did to! I'm going to end this massive post now and spare readers the time! haha Below are afew pictures I have taken on my phone recently!






1 comment:
Bryson is so cute! Congrats again!
Post a Comment