I started this post almost 2 weeks ago, decided I better hurry and finish it or at least publish what I have written!: I want to write down some facts about Ryker so I don't forget:
Nursing: he started nursing ok from the beginning, however it took a whole week, almost 2 for my milk to come in. Once it came in, he did a lot better but really struggles when I'm really full.
Eating: He goes anywhere from every 2 to every 5 hours to eat. Sometimes I have to wake him up because I'm hurting so bad!
Sleeping:He WAS sleeping for about 5 hrs at night, however lately it's been more like only 2 hrs at a time. Which isn't too bad except his older brother has decided he likes waking up about ever 2 hrs as well and they're never up at the same time.
2 week stats: He weighed 8 lbs 14.5 oz at his 2 week check up and was 20 inches long. Dr. Staker said he was very surprised at how strong his neck muscles are already and how alert he is.
He is staying awake more and more everyday and we are having a blast with him. I forget alot of things about newborns:
-like how many changes of clothes he goes through-not only him but ME as well...HELLO spit up! We also go through a lot of spit cloths and blankets-which stinks considering my washer has been broken for almost 2 weeks now.
-I forget how many diapers you go through...we often have a collection going on because we aren't the best at throwing them away right after changing.
-I also forgot how painful and often frustrating (at least for me) that nursing is.
-I forget how annoying it is to lug around a massive carseat
-I forget how sad and piercing their little cries are and how he is COMPLETELY dependent upon me
-I forget how uncomfortable and inconvenient nursing is.
-I forget how no matter how much you wish and wish and wish the pounds will fall off-they simply don't. They're still there in the morning!
-I forget how your schedule no longer matters-he makes the rules now!
-I forget how annoying all the little pieces and nipples and rings are to bottles and to have to wash them.
-I forget about pumping. Oh the pumping. One note about this: this is the first baby that I have used an electric pump: HOW DID I SURVIVE 2 OTHER KIDS WITHOUT ONE?! Personal opinion: Totally worth it! So much easier and less work for mom!
-I forgot that during the late night feedings there is NOTHING but paid programming on television. So thank goodness for Netflix! Although Deric and I have spent numerous hours in the early morning watching/finishing an episode of something when we SHOULD be sleeping.
- I forget how fragile they are-especially at this time of year-with sicknesses ,etc Ryker is officially right in the middle of his first cold!
Okay, I have decided that since I clearly don't have the time to finish something I start-this is all this post is going to get otherwise it may not get posted!




No comments:
Post a Comment