My kids were sick on
St Patricks Day this year (and it's was a Sunday-lame) and since Kyler had missed all the festivities at Preschool that whole week, I decided we needed to do some festive holiday activities. Ha ha which made me think about a post of someone's that I read recently about toning down on holidays, which although I agree somewhat, I don't completely. Holidays are fun. What a great way to celebrate each day throughout the year! I LOVE holidays (even the little ones) and grew up with a mom that loved them more than I do myself (we're talking monthly decorations and pillow cases people, not to mention colored pancakes for each special day) I loved it as a child. I always felt that each holiday was special and my parents were able to form some of my favorite and most memorable traditions due to holidays. So yes, I am one of "those moms" that tend to go a little overboard on holidays... hence the following pictures of how we celebrated St. Patty's this year:
We started our morning out with some green milk and rainbow waffles (just tilt your head sideways to see the "rainbow" I'm struggling with pictures at the moment)
This were our "green" outfits... with a funny story attached: I told Kyler on Saturday that tomorrow would be St. Patrick's and that we needed to wear green or we would get pinched. He FREAKED out and was so concerned about wearing his green that he stressed out about it clear until the next day. We even had to wear green pjs so that when it "switched" to St. P Day in the middle of the night... no one could pinch him.


We then did some fun activities although this is the only one I took pics of. But we did do some shamrock counting and stringing of shamrock necklaces (thank you preschool leftovers). We used some green and yellow glue to glue some pieces of paper onto shamrocks and then played with fizzy paint. The boys loved it and thought it was super fun! But then Kyler kept using his to be "Mr. Broccoli Head"... what silly boys I have!
Hope you guys had a great St. Patrick's Day!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment