Family: What matters most, lasts the longest.









Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Ryker's Blessing

Ryker Seth Winterton was given a name and blessing by his amazing dad, Deric, on March 24th, 2013. What a sweet and precious day it was! I'm so grateful to have a husband and so many supportive priesthood holders in our family! We were literally surrounded by SO many family and friends! Ryker-you are one spoiled little boy! The blessing circle was HUGE and there wasn't enough room to fit everyone. My parents were able to travel up from Holden as well as my brother and his family. They came Saturday night. We also had a lot of Deric's family out as well.

Friday and Saturday morning I played in my *favorite* volleyball tournament of the year-it was interesting. Mostly because it was a completely thrown together team where no one had played with each other and a few girls haven't played in years and also because I'm completely out of shape and felt like I was going to die... mostly my shoulder felt like it was going to fall off and I officially felt like the hunchback. Really. But I love it! :)

Sunday we made it to church ON TIME! Yep, that's one for the record books... but even better- we were the ... wait for it... are you listening, cause this is important? We were the FIRST ones in the chapel before sacrament meeting. That has NEVER happened and probably never will again.

Ryker looked so cute in his little tux and he was almost too big for it. All 3 of my boys were blessed in this same outfit. He was great during the actual blessing and didn't even make a peep. I love feeling the spirit so strong! Then towards the end of sacrament, he was hungry so I went to feed him. Oh about 10 minutes after I changed his diaper, he pooped again.. this time... completely up his back. It was awesome. Not. So we had to change him out of his adorable tux and as I was putting his "church" clothes on him, he threw up ALL over them... so we were out another outfit. Only I go to get more clothes and realize I had emptied them out of the diaper bag earlier and hadn't replaced them. Yep. Awesome. So he hung out freestyle with only a diaper on for all of Sunday School until Deric was able to send over more clothes (he sluffed and went home to prepare food for the luncheon).
 Our one and only family picture for the day... right before we headed over for the church
 Our handsome boy! :)

Someone gave us these adorable shoes.... I LOVED them to go with his tux! :)



1 comment:

Nathan and Shanna said...

What a great day for your family! He looked so cute in his little tux!
I'm also glad that you started playing soccer again. Love fun work outs like that!

Background