Family: What matters most, lasts the longest.









Thursday, January 23, 2014

5?!

I can't believe I completely forgot to update about my boys! Kyler turned 5 back in November and it's weird for me to think I have a 5 year old! He will be going to kindergarten next year and can hardly wait. He is such a helper to me and I honestly don't know where I would be without him. He is such a sweet boy with a very tender heart. I only hope that I can somehow manage to survive the heartaches I know he is going to experience with life. He is not one to move forwards quickly after a "heartache". He is always looking for ways to help and serve others and is such a great example to me of living the most Christlike lifestyle. Currently he always complains about going to church every Sunday but I can see that changing very quickly with his new teachers (the Lord truly knows where people need to be). At least from this momma's perspective- I'm so grateful for his teachers! Kyler is often too hard on himself and wants to be a perfectionist (like his momma that way). He loves to play with others and is always looking for ways to include other people. His favorite card game is "Go Fish" and he often beats me when we play. He loves angry birds right now and anything superheroes. His favorite colors are green and blue and he wants to be a policeofficer, firefighter and scientist when he grows up (high aspirations)! This year he got to celebrate his birthday at his grandma and grandpa Nixon's house and he LOVED it! He was surrounded by his cousins and lots of family and he felt so special. I made him a powerranger cake which he loved and he was just so excited to have his special day! Kyler-we love you!



Dear Kyler,
What a fun time of your life you are having! You are now 5 and have so much in store for you this upcoming year! You love preschool and love learning and you can hardly wait to start "real school" in the fall. You are definitely my most tender hearted boy. You are always striving to serve others in the way your Heavenly Father would want you to. You try very hard to choose the right each and every day and you often look for ways to help me around the house. Your brothers look up to you so much and you are a great example to them! You are one of the few people that Ryker with play with for hours! You are such a good teacher and are always looking for new things to teach your brothers. You love to do science experiments and see what happens when you do something (action-reaction). You haven't quite figured out how special you are yet, but you will. Please remember, my son, that I love you. That your Heavenly Father loves you and that he is so pleased with you. You do not need to be perfect. It is okay to make mistakes and a lot of things you are trying right now take a lot of practice. Do your best always and you will find success. Kyler, I love you more than words can say. You are my first born, we share a lot together. A lot of first experiences are shared by you and I. I can't wait to see how you grow and develop over the next year. I love you handsome!

Love, Mom

No comments:

Background