Family: What matters most, lasts the longest.









Monday, January 4, 2010

Kids say the Darnest things!

So I'm totally stealing this story from my friend Emily, cause her son is just so darn cute! Kyler doesn't say funny things yet, so I have to take it from other people's kids! :) So we're getting ready to leave work and James comes in (I think he is in first grade) and he has this annoying noise maker he got from his class. The story goes something as follows:

Emily: "James please stop blowing that" (as she whispers to me that it will end up in the trash by the end of the night) "Did you get that from your teacher?"
James: "My teacher says it's not her problem"


So in other words, the teacher gave the kids these annoying noise makers knowing that the parents would have to deal with them shortly. hahaha she is a great teacher though! Man I love my job!!!


Story Number 2
This story I have told some of you before, but for those who haven't heard, here it goes:
1st grader Raymond kept calling me "Love" everytime I went to his class. For ex: "Hello love", "good morning love" and "goodbye love" at the end of the day. one day, the conversation turned a little different.
Raymond: "Mrs. Winterton, you're so BEAUTIFUL"
me: "Why thank you Raymond"
Raymond: "Will you marry me?"
me: "Now Raymond, you know I can't do that. I already have a husband and a little baby, you know that."
Raymond : "I think you should leave your husband for me. I'm a great babysitter too."
Me: "i'm too old for you"
Raymond: "I heard older women are the way to go. Come on, please! I have some money saved up, we could make it!"

haha this is no lie! It was so funny. I'm sure it probably wasn't EXACTLY like that but you get the gist. oh my goodness... kids are so cute!!!

No comments:

Background