Family: What matters most, lasts the longest.









Thursday, July 15, 2010

4th of July (yes it's late)

I must say, I was a bit disappointed by the 4th of July celebrations in Roosevelt. Growing up in Fillmore, it's always a big deal and my familyALWAYS celebrated it. Well... it's not a big deal out here since they have their UBIC celebration at the end of the month. But we went to a parade in Neola and sat by our friends Zeke and Hillary and their little girl Koriann (which is totally Kyler's girlfriend) haha it was fun to watch them run for the candy but of course they wanted to eat it right then and there. Then we went to a rodeo (I didn't get pictures) and to be honest-it was really lame. We attempted to go watch fireworks at night but they only lasted like maybe 5 minutes. I was SO disappointed! I told Deric from now on... we are definitely going to Fillmore!
Oh... I almost forgot-the highlight of the whole thing, was waiting for the parade to start. Deric and Zeke took the kids by a little river that was behind us to throw rocks into and the kids thought it was AMAZING. haha Kyler has quite an arm if I do say so myself. He threw the rocks almost across the entire thing!

No comments:

Background