Family: What matters most, lasts the longest.









Monday, July 19, 2010

Parker

Well....sad to say, I have officially forgotten that I now have a camera that works... hence I forgot about it and didn't take pictures on our trip to Parker, Colorado this weekend. We went to visit my sister Shelly and her family. We had SO much fun! Shelly's neighborhood is known for having AMAZING yard sales and I mean AMAZING. Nothing in Utah has ever really compared! :) So we left after Deric got off work on Thursday (poor guy-he woke up at 3 that morning) and headed on the 6 hour drive. Three words to describe the portable DVD player we bought: Totally Worth It! Kyler thought it was SO COOL to be able to watch a movie in the truck! We got there around midnight after having to stop and let Kyler (and Deric) rest for a while. Friday morning started early with Deric watching the kids and Shelly and I heading out to yard sales! Then we just hung out the rest of the day, going shopping and to my nephew's baseball game. Saturday morning started even earlier with MORE yard sales! :) I WAS IN HEAVEN! I got some AMAZING things at even more AMAZING prices! I had no problem spending my allowance Deric gave me and I completely filled up our truck-inside and out! Kyler got spoiled-of course and I found a bunch of baby stuff for my sister in law. See this is why yard sales out there are so good: people generally only have 1 or 2 kids and then they sale their stuff dirt cheap just to get rid of it. Not to make money like a lot of people in Utah do. So it's pretty sweet! I got me a double jogging stroller which I'm STOKED about and a few other things. We watched another one of my nephew's games and then we headed to the pool! Kyler LOVED it and had lots of fun playing with Bryton (my neice) although we had to leave early due to thunder. But overall, we had a lot of fun and it was fun to have Kyler be a little older so he could interact with his cousins better! We came home Sunday and were glad to be home. There is something special about coming home. Its fun to be away-but so nice to walk through the door of your home-especially when it's clean! :) Here's to hoping more trips are to come!

2 comments:

morgan said...

i too love yard sales! now i'm wishing i could go with you next time to colorado! :) and thank heaven for portable dvd players...such a life saver!

Debra said...

Hey there!
You have the cutest kid! ... send me your email so I can send you an invite...
randdsnow@ubtanet.com

Background