
I'll be honest, I don't usually go to the "extra" meetings when it comes to conference time. i.e. relief society meeting, adult session, etc. I guess I just never took the time to really go. This year I decided it would be a good "break" for me from the house, school and Kyler (come on...you know you need those personal breaks sometimes too). I was kinda nervous but excited to go because to be honest, I LOVE my ward, I really do, but I still just don't feel like I have any close friends in the ward. I guess I'm still used to the college lifestyle where you go with your roomies! :) Anyway, my cousin, Angela lives in our stake and has been a LIFESAVOR for me living out here in the Basin. I texted her and asked if she was going and she was so we decided to meet up at the dinner before hand and go together. It was so nice! Anyway... I LOVED THIS SESSION! The relief society session was so good and it made me feel so spiritually uplifted. I love that our prophet doesn't beat around the bush and says things straight out. I love how humorous and fun to listen to and how it's not a "struggle" to listen to him like it is for some others (hope I'm not the only one that feels this way).
I got home and told Deric how much I enjoyed myself and even tried to tell him the dirty window joke that President Monson said-Deric didn't get it. haha If you didn't get a chance to go, you should totally look it up. It was a great session with a lot of great messages for us sisters!




1 comment:
My visiting teacher partner told me and the lady we were visiting the dirty window story. So cute and great moral of the story to not judge others before you get the big picture. I loved it! I'm looking forward to reading it in the November issue. I usually don't go to the "extra" meetings either now that I've been married, and I actually didn't even know when the Relief Society broadcast was til I noticed it on my visiting teacher paper the day after! Oops!
Post a Comment