Family: What matters most, lasts the longest.









Thursday, December 15, 2011

My baby turned 1 on December 13th! I can't believe how big he is getting. His personality is really starting to shine through... this was demonstrated at his party. He didn't get near as messy as Kyler did on his first birthday and when we were singing happy birthday, he just kept looking around at everyone wondering what was going on. It was great! He had some help from Kyler opening his present and he LOVES having his own pots and pans :) He is such a happy child. We sure do love him!

















Bryson-this is for you buddy. December 13, 2010: I went in for my regular doctor's appointment around 9:30. I had had contractions, but figured they were Braxton Hicks since they had been apparent in your pregnancy since week 20. I dropped Kyler off at Angela's and assured her I would be back. She thought otherwise and boy was she right! After having 2 major contractions in front of Dr. Williams, he said, "well, let's have this baby today. I think you're ready". I was ready-sorta. I had ONE last final(the biggest one) scheduled for the following day and didn't know if I wanted to worry about making it up, but, buddy, you had other plans.


So I checked in to the labor and delivery and they monitored me for a bit. Around noon, theys suggested I go walk around the halls for an hour or so because I wasn't progressing. Dad came and walked with me and helped keep me company. When we got back, the walking had done the trick! Once the doctor broke my water, you were for sure on your way. Too bad the epidural doctor (anestisaologist sp?) didnt' realize how important it was for mom to be numb. After multiple stabs with the needle, it still didn't work, but you were well on your way! FINALLY they decided to give me a spinal tap and within 30 seconds, Dr. Williams was rushing the other doctor out, I was whipped around on the table and within a matter of minutes, you were born. Beautiful and healthy at 8 lbs 1 oz 19 1/2 inches long and almost 2 weeks early. Your original due date was December 24th, but we were glad you came a little bit early!


We were so excited to have you here! Kyler wasn't quite so sure, in fact, he didn't know what to think at first. The first time he met you he said, "send him back. I dont want him." But he didn't understand at that time what great friends you were going to become. He didn't realize he would have a partner in crime and a friend that's always willing to play. Now you two are inseperable and you take care of each other. He gives you drinks out of his sippy cup and sings you to sleep at night and in return, you welcome him with a giant grin, so happy to see him.


We love you Bryson and are so grateful you are in our family. You are a joy to me, your dad and your brother. We love you so much! Happy birthday sweetheart! :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Bryson!!

Background