Family: What matters most, lasts the longest.









Sunday, December 9, 2012

Just thoughts

So I'm sitting here at home in my beloved recliner ( I practically LIVE in this thing) and I was reading my scriptures and conference talks in the Ensign and I can't help but feel this overwhelming sense of comfort and joy at the simple thought that my Heavenly Father loves me. I know this may seem silly as we are taught this from day one in nursery and even before then at home, but sometimes I seem to forget this simple truth. I get caught up in my life and my situation and I get on this soap box sort of thing where I just feel like no one understands and life just sucks. I have been feeling that  a bit lately.

Struggling with the knowledge that I have to learn to accept help right now. Knowing that I can't take care of my children and family like I feel like I should be able to. Even though life seems to be "difficult" at the moment, I am so incredibly blessed! For me, it has always taken me a moment or two to really take a step back and recognize this when life seems to get difficult.

Today is one of those days. Honestly, I don't know how to explain the incredible feeling that I have in my heart knowing that my Heavenly Father truly knows and understands my thoughts and feelings right now and that he loves me unconditionally. Such a great comfort this brings to me right now!

Just wanted to say that I know the gospel is true! I know my Heavenly Father loves me and understands me and that he wants me to succeed in life-in all different aspects! I LOVE this knowledge!

1 comment:

Nathan and Shanna said...

Leslie thank you for sharing this!

Background