Family: What matters most, lasts the longest.









Saturday, December 15, 2012

One of the longest days...

Yesterday was one of the longest days...first it started off with both boys having well-child check ups in the morning. (which I scheduled so Deric could take them, however he didn't want to go by himself-such a pansy! :) )So I attempted to go with them. It was at 9 so I figured I could probably handle it since mornings are usually a little better and we probably wouldn't have to wait long. While we were there, we had the Dr. check out Bryson's ribs. -We noticed a few weeks ago, that one side of his ribs curves inward instead of outward-and we found out that he has a deformity that he was probably born with. Right now, we aren't doing anything, we just have to watch it as he grows and if it doesn't grow with him, we will have to do surgery to fix it. But most likely, that won't happen. It doesn't hurt or harm him right now so that's good.

Kyler woke up with a little cough but at the appointment the dr said everything was fine, probably just the weather change and nothing to big. So we all got flu shots and the boys got caught up on their immunizations.

We came home and day went as usual, until I realized I hadn't felt Ryker move since about 8:30 that morning and my contractions were pretty strong. I placed a call to my dr and he suggested I go in to labor and delivery. So I checked in and they monitored me. Of course, Ryker just needed an audience I guess cause he was super active and everything looked fine. So I got sent home

Then Deric and I both decided we didn't feel like cooking, so we decided to attempt to go out to eat-WORST decision! But we went to the restaurant and by then  my contractions had gotten about 10 times worse and were about every 7-8 minutes. As soon as our food arrived, we boxed it up and came home. Great night out, right? ha ha so I spent the rest of the night just relaxing on the couch and in bed. Luckily with medication, my contractions slowed down enough I could sleep somewhat.

Until Kyler woke us up in the middle of the night with a high fever and feeling pretty miserable. So we have been doing that today! :) Fun fun stuff!

And in all this chaos or whatever you want to call it, how great is it to think of how important and miraculous it is that I have these 2 gorgeous boys (soon to be 3) and how much I love them. I'm so marveled to think that my Heavenly Father entrusts them to me and Deric to be their parents. Oh how I love them!

No comments:

Background