Well... I'm at it again....searching for a new job. The job listed in my previous post is actually an amazing job, but I decided not to take it. Some of you may be wondering why if it's so awesome, but I promise, I have a good reason. The job paid great, had great benefits and a flexible schedule. However, it was strictly marketing and most of it was outside the office. It really stressed me out and I decided that it just wasn't the job for me. So after I had already been through training this morning and accepted the job, I had to drive back out there and give them back the supoplies they had given me. When I went to the office, they told me they really want me to stay and that they really liked me-so guess what! They offered me a part-time in-office position. However, they wanted someone who could just come in when they were short handed and I decided I needed something more permanent. I told them I wanted 10-15 hours a week and I told them the amount I had to make (otherwise it would be pointless). They said they would look into things and think about it and give me a call back. Well... they called back and decided they couldn't give me that position because I needed something more permanent than they were looking for. :( I was SO excited at first! oh well.... so I'm back to the start-still searching for a new job! So if anyone knows of anything in West Jordan or Midvale or something close to there, let me know!!
Oh haha I just have to tell my story with an interview last night. So I've been looking mostly on Craigslist for a job and I found one hiring really close to my house. The ad said "starting at $16/hr in a friendly, office environment. Needed to answer phones and questions. Interviewing today, starting training tomorrow! Call to schedule an interview!" So I decided, what the heck, why not? (Mind you, I was still planning on taking that other job). So I scheduled an interview for 6 p.m. so Deric could watch Kyler. I got all ready and went to the interview. While I'm filling out an application, all I hear is cussing and swearing coming from the back and I was thinking, what the crap-that is SO not professional! So after I fill out the application, i'm just waiting to go in for an interview and there was a guy sitting by me that worked for the company. He starts talking to me and tells me that their company is selling Kirby vacuums and that they ad was just to get people in their office. So in other words, their ad was lying and it made me so mad! I told them I thought it was ridiculous and thanked them for wasting my time! So basically-it was so lame! They lied just to get people into their office!!! RETARDED!!!




1 comment:
Oh wow what an interview! Bummer that other job didn't work out for you. i'll keep my eye out for ya!
Post a Comment