Family: What matters most, lasts the longest.









Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I'm so lucky

Today as I've been sitting home, waiting for Deric to come home, as always, I got thinking about how lucky I really am to have him. He is such a great husband and dad but more importantly, my best friend. He does so many little things for me every day to try to make my life better-especially lately as I have been struggling. He knows I'm doing my best and that's all he asks of me. I love that he sits up late with me talking while we eat oreos and milk. I love that he is so willing to run to the store for me for the one single item that I NEED to make dinner with that I just happened to forget. I love that he loves to laugh and have tickle wars with me and Kyler. :) I love that he tells me I'm beautiful every single day (let's face it-I'm on my 2nd kid-my body is NOT beautiful) I love that he has taught our son to tell me that he loves me and he knows EXACTLY when I need a hug. I love that he is working SO hard to provide for our family. I love that he tries to please everyone (let's be honest-that part can be kinda annoying, but it's cute too) I love that he tries to hard to feel our baby kick and talk to him. I love watching him play sports with Kyler (who absolutely adores him). I love watching him get excited and dressed up for church (yes I still love the missionary style) I love when he does the dishes without me asking him to. I love when he cooks for me. I love when he pops in to see me just out of the blue. I love that he doesn't expect me to have a "barbie" doll figure or to look like her. I love that he lets me experiment with my own things. There are so many many things I could say that I love about Deric. I really am SO lucky to have him for my eternal companion. I guess I have just realized lately that we need to focus on the positive and the many blessings in our lives. there are ALOT more of those that there are of the crappy stuff!

3 comments:

Debra said...

You are such a cute family! I am sorry that it's been a struggle lately...this too shall pass:) When I saw you walking the other day, I thought "what a gal. I am not so good when I am expecting." YOu do awesome! Hang in there. I am so glad that you have such a good hubby to take care of you!

Jamilyn said...

Awwh, tender! I feel the same way... There is so much positive to be grateful for, and I need to stop being ornery and worried about the "crappy stuff". It'll all be okay. Life is good. :) P.S. The picture of your belly isn't your current pregnancy is it? If it is, WOW, you are getting big already! I'm guessing it is Kyler's pregnancy though. :D

morgan said...

What a cute post! I think it is so important to never forget all the good in a person and what you love about them! You are such a cute wife and mom, I don't know Deric, but I think he is the lucky one!

Background