Family: What matters most, lasts the longest.









Wednesday, August 18, 2010

4 years in Remembrance...

Well I had a pretty stressful and eventful day yesterday so I didn't get around to posting this like I had wanted to. Yesterday, August 17th, commemorated 4 years since my brother-in-law, Spencer, lost his life fighting a wildland fire. I guess I'm so full of emotions and different feelings right now that it's hard to know what to say. Spencer was the best example anyone could ever be and we miss him dearly. I keep looking towards my sister and the amazing grace and brillance that she has had throughout this whole ordeal. It is something she deals with daily and I have never seen her complain or go about life without a smile on her face. She is truly one of the most amazing women that I know! One can't but help to look at their 3 children. Each dealing with the loss of their father in their own way. Although they were still small when he died, they have an amazing remembrance of what he was like. They know their father! I am amazed at how well they have stepped up to the plate to help their mom, especially their son, Turner. Ultimately, we think of Spencer daily and love and miss him, but we know that we will be able to see him again! If you want to read more of his obituary and whatnot... here is a link....otherwise thanks for letting me share my feelings!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=143644475667274&ref=mf

2 comments:

Lyon's said...

Sorry for your lost. So glad your family is so strong :D I wish you the best of everything

morgan said...

I remember this like it was yesterday. What a sweet tribute to Spencer and your sister. Kyle did wildland for years and after this I was so nervous to send him back out. Kyle new of Spencer and had told me what an amazing person and firefighter he was. We are so lucky to have eternal families.

Background