As I was driving home from my math class last night, I had alot of time to just sit and think to myself. I began thinking about my life right now and how stressful I THINK it is. Thoughts of bills, school, pregnancy, marriage, Kyler, house, chores, shopping, meals, family, etc were all racing through my mind going a million miles an hour. Then I decided to think on a simplier time frame and thought more about this month. November is such a big month for our small family (i'm sure I'll post more about every event later). We have Kyler's birthday on the 15th, Deric and I's anniversary on the 16th, Cameo's birthday on the 17th, Thanksgiving (can't forget that one), and we bought our first house on November 30th of last year. There are some BIG moments listed right there. I mean, think about it. Without the birth of Kyler, I wouldn't have him and I wouldn't be a mother and I wouldn't have Kyler and be a mother if I hadn't married Deric. I wouldn't even know what an amazing person Cameo is if I hadn't met Deric and without it all, I definitely wouldn't have bought this house and even above all that.... I wouldn't have NEAR as much stuff to be thankful for. I guess the point of all this is that I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to strive to be more grateful for my many blessings. So that is my next goal, to try to be more grateful for the things I have and to quit focusing on the negative or stressful things in life. Because we are all stressed on some degree-I just seem to choose to let that stress rule my life and I'm really going to try hard not to.
So for those of you who actually read this thing... PLEASE remind me of my goal when I get too stressed! :)




1 comment:
Same to you! Which you have actually done really well at helping me through my stress... Haha, it's always nice to have a good friend to talk to. :)
Post a Comment