Family: What matters most, lasts the longest.









Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A day for lovers

Well for anyone that is interested-my date went GREAT with Deric! It turned out perfect other than the fact, he really had nothing to do from 4-6 so I just had to kick him out of the house and he went and hung out with his sister. So he knew something was definitely up, but that's okay! :) He was still surprised. I gave him a present with every course of the meal and he loved it! I didn't get him anything spendy and nothing big, it was kind of nice to be creative and try and think of something I could give him that was more sentimental instead of something that will end up in a closet! and the best part is-Deric LOVED it! He told me he appreciated the gifts more than anything! Well, I was going to take pictures of the romantic set-up I did, but my camera's broken-surprise, surprise huh? Well anyway... it turned out great and we had a fun weekend in Holden with my family! We were able to spend time with all of them to celebrate my Dad's birthday and it was awesome! I learned how to make "yummy" fondant (if you've ever tasted regular cake fondant, it's not that tasty) well I more or less got told how to make it. My sister's did a great job in making a b-day cake for my neice Oakley-it turned out really cute and tasted pretty good! Anyway, hope all is well with everyone! Here's to a productive week!!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm glad he liked it!

Jamilyn said...

How fun! Good idea to give a gift with every course. That's cute.

Ashley said...

I wanted to say again how super sorry I am. Hang in there I know from helping my sister that it gets better eventually...it just takes a lot of time. One of the best things for my sister was to just cry. However, a lot of people were insensitive to her feelings they would say some really dumb stuff to her. Hopefully you don't run into anyone like that, but if you do just ignore them and take whatever and however long you need to to recover. Take care of yourself and let me know if I can help in anyway.

Background